Zakat is levied upon every business activity that is carried out with the purpose of making a profit either in the form of money or business including, but not limited to, the following:
- Commercial activities of all forms including trading commodities, goods, and services.
- Investment activities of all types including investment in securities – whether long or short term or internal or external – as well as investment in commodities, services and trade shares.
- Industrial activities of all kinds including factories, laboratories, and workshops.
- Service activities of all sorts including financial services, professions and trades; and renting, leasing, brokerage and agencies activities.
- Financial activities of all sorts including banking, insurance, and financing activities.