As a representative of a small or medium business, one of your core responsibilities is to ensure the VAT readiness of your organization.
The following four-step guide details all the requirements for VAT readiness. If at any time you require more information or assistant in the VAT readiness process
Further detailing of the readiness steps
- VAT Law and Implementing Regulations
Accounting system and Chart of Accounts
- Develop a detailed understanding of VAT
- Determine the tax policies of goods to be sold (5%, zero-rated, or exempt), for further information please visit VAT Implementing Regulations document
- Designate a point of contact in the company to deal with GAZT on matters related to VAT
- Establish a system for recording and archiving invoices
- Determine the VAT details of suppliers
VAT registration and return filing
- Set in place a consistent means of display for the price of goods (all VAT inclusive)
- Issue sales receipts compliant with VAT requirements
- Align a system to record sales with VAT management requirements
- GAZT has engaged with a set of PoS and accounting software providers. These solutions will support SMEs in implementing VAT.
To find the list of PoS / accounting software providers which signed an MoU with GAZT please click here
- Set in place a record keeping and account practices which address VAT requirements
- Set in place the ability to assess VAT balance
- Establish the ability to pay VAT balance
For a further detailed readiness checklist for small and medium businesses, please click here
GAZT has engaged with a set of PoS and accounting software providers. These solutions will support SMEs in implementing VAT.
To find the list of PoS/ accounting software providers which signed an MoU with GAZT please click here
As a small or medium business, you have a variety of ways to find out about your VAT readiness status. The General Authority of Zakat and Tax is committed to supporting you during this process to ensure your businesses are ready.
In addition to direct communications addressed to you (emails, SMS, letters, etc.), the following link